Friday, May 16, 2014

Gesture Drawings

These are the gesture drawings that I did of my partner in class.

Artists Develop Art Making Skills
Did you learn new techniques or processes as part of the work for this project?
In this project, I learned how to draw figure/gesture drawings and got more practice with it.  I had to draw many different positions and learn how to convey the motion and not focus too much on unnecessary detail.
Did you gain skill with familiar materials?
I used drawing pencils, and learned how to draw more loosely with them and not to push down too hard, creating light, loose lines that I could go over again.

Artists Take Risks
Did you try something that you weren’t sure about as part of this project?
I am not very good at figure drawing, so I wasn't sure if the technique I was using would be alright.  I tried to start with a sort of stick figure and build on from there.
Did you pick a material or technique that was new or different over something that was familiar?
I don't really make gesture drawings very often, so the entire experience was new to me.

Artists Collaborate
Did you ask another student for feedback during your work process?
I compared the method I was using to draw with other students to make sure mine looked alright and to get a better idea of how to make the gesture drawings.
Did someone help you understand important information or inspire you?
The others in my group posed for the pictures, which helped to draw them with a clear visual in front of me.  I got inspiration from their poses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment