Friday, April 11, 2014

Skeleton

This a picture of a skeleton done with drawing pencils.
Artists Develop Art Making Skills
Did you learn new techniques or processes as part of the work for this project?
Through this project, I learned how to set up the basic structure of people.  I learned how to draw skeletons, and how to try and size things appropriately to assure that everything would fit, which it didn't, for me.

Did you gain skill with familiar materials?
I learned how to shade a bit more with drawing pencils, and which pencils to use when.  I got more practice with controlling the pressure on the pencil to get the desired effect.
Artists Solve Problems
How did you respond to challenges that occurred as you worked? 
As I was working, I suddenly realized that I had made the entire thing too big in proportion to the size of the paper and that everything wouldn't fit.  I had already started on shading the top portion, so I didn't want to go back and erase all of my work.  
Did your work take an unexpected turn due to a mistake or did something happen that was unplanned?
I ended up adding another sheet of paper to my work to finish off the feet, which wouldn't fit otherwise.  I wasn't planning on that originally, but it seemed to work out in the end.
Artists Reflect
When did you step back and analyze you work during this project? 
I constantly looked over my project to make sure it actually looked like a skeleton, and to be sure it looked proportionate enough.  I wanted to be sure the shading looked alright, but I was a little rushed so it didn't turn out as well as I had originally hoped it would.

Did you consider how ideas would work before you tried them?
I thought about how I could change the shading to make sure I got all the proper shapes and bumps in the skeleton.  I tried things lightly before making them too dark to make sure that it would look alright.  

No comments:

Post a Comment