Monday, March 24, 2014

See Through Project (In Progress)



For this project, I decided to try using tinted see-through wrapping paper instead of something completely transparent.  I wrapped it around a teddy bear, adding a bow to it to make it look more complete, and took a few pictures to try different angles.  I then made a quick sketch to see if the colors I wanted to use would go well with the paper I chose.  I tested the blending of colors to see how I could use the prismacolors best to portray the wrapping paper.  
Once I had planned everything out, I started to draw the final project.  I started with the teddy bear itself, then added the wrapping paper and tried to show the basic highlights and darkened areas, along with where you could see straight through to the teddy bear underneath.  
I pushed the colors a bit more to create more contrast between the lights and darks, then began on the background.  I drew the shadow from the teddy bear onto the white blanket underneath, then tried to show the way the blanket folded up in regions, putting less detail the farther back the drawing goes.  I drew the basic outline of the door and poster in the very back.  
I added color to the back to complete the background.  Now the drawing is almost complete, just in need of a few more details and darkened/lightened regions.  




No comments:

Post a Comment